Share

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Power of the Internet and Networking

Good afternoon! :) This past week has been phenomenal! My husband is so busy with his business and it is really taking off, I am so proud of him! I wanted to share a bit about the power of the internet today and the impact it has had in my life personally and professionally. First of all, I met my amazing husband on the internet. So, yes the stories you see in the advertisements are true, it is possible to find your soul mate online! :)

I love networking with other professionals, but it often begins online. There are websites such as meetup.com where you can search your area for groups that get together face to face to network, gather dogs to play, etc. I meet up with a magnificent group of women every two weeks in Hamden called the New Haven Women in Business - Marketing Strategies. In this group I have met the photographer for our wedding, Barbara Ambrocio; Nikki Auguste who designs websites, has designed my business cards, and helps you promote your business; Sandy Lentini of Cabi (who introduced me to the gorgeous Karen Marino, who helps you take care of your skin!); Gaynelle Felder of New York Life, Amy Desmarais of Ripple 100, Debbie Szczepanski of Dove Chocolate (who introduced me to her friend Amy DiPippo that runs a Business Builders Alliance meeting that I also attend monthly) I am mentioning these women because not only do I network with them, but I call them my friends now as we have all build relationships with one another!

I used to do a lot of networking on myspace before Facebook and Twitter became more valuable and met my friend and hairdresser Shellie, of Allure a Full Service Salon in Southington, CT who I love dearly. I also had joined some online yahoo groups and chatted via the internet with other business professionals and have met some great woman there as well!

Another website is MetroMom.com. I was introduced to Kim Deyoung's site through Laura Campbell, who I also met online through an Anthony Robbins graduate site, since we both have attended his events. I began emailing a woman that lived close to me, Julie Clark and we decided to meet for tea. She introduced me to this outstanding event in Danbury called Contacts and Compacts by Cathy Moore that I attend regularly now. At that event I have met some really amazing women too!

All of the people, mostly women that I have met through networking haven't all become my customers, but most importantly they have inspired me, motivated me, introduced me to more amazing and powerful women, have shared tools to grow my self and my business and invite me to new events to attend and network at. We all also stay connected via the internet on Facebook, in which our posts inspire one another and continue to provide resources for each another, whether it be an interesting article, video or new referral. I have also met a few amazing people on LinkedIn!

I could probably go on and on with stories about how I have met this person or that person, but a huge part of my network I have met either online or at networking events. Do you think it might work for you?

I would love feedback on my blogs since this is new to me, I would greatly appreciate any and all! Thank you!

Hugs,

Heather Nieves

7 comments:

  1. Heather...You are soaring thru this universe smiling and your wings are widening more and more. This blog itself shows the dignity and purpose of an amazing, inspirational, motivated woman you are. I admire that. Your husband I don't knw as well as I do you but I can honestly say he must be just as inspiring. You have helped me to see ahead of the obstacles in the short time I have known you and networked with you. I am making a promise to myself right now on this blogs comments space that I will never settle for less, and I will not allow any person, place or thing control my life. I will control my emotions and feelings and take control of my life. I had some challenging obstacles enter my life the last few months and I am now seeing the result of what can happen when a person gets on the pity-pot opposed to the person who takes control of their life and grabs the bull by the horns and demands nothing less than best. Now it's what I am going to do to get it. You are a powerful woman. You have great assets. You helped me. I can't wait to hear more about your success in the near future. Much love and happiness to you and Danny! Tell Danny we will speak soon. Bless the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    Love your new blog. You mentioned Facebook, Twitter, etc., but you did not mention the networking website that I had the pleasure of meeting you on - LinkedIn. I do not frequent or belong to any of the other sites, as I barely find enough time in my busy schedule to just keep up with one. However, I am happy to do so and if I had not, I would not have met you or the other over 200 people that I have connected with there. As you know, I also have an interest in nutrition and enjoy discussing the topic with like minded individuals such as yourself. It is really sad that so many people do not think much about what it is that they are putting into their bodies. I cannot say that I eat completely healthy, but at least I know what it is that I am consuming and, therefore, I cannot blame anyone else for my nutritional choices. One interesting health theme that you mentioned, which I also agree is a great way to go is to eat as much raw foods as possible. By that, I do not mean to eat a lot of raw meat or raw eggs, I just mean that it is important to eat food that is as natural as possible with minimal to no processing. This is helpful in avoiding many of the known additives in foods, as well as many known allergens. It is also helpful in controlling weight, blood sugar and vitamin levels. So many illnesses could be prevented with something as simple as a dietary change. There is an abundance of information about this topic on the internet and I encourage everyone to take an interest and read about it themselves. Have a great day and again, I love your blog (:

    Andrea Blackford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Don and Andrea! I updated it and added my Linked in link, thanks for noticing and thank you for your feedback! Don you rock thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather,

    I didn't know that you are a great writer among all your other talents! :) One of the many things that I love about you is your wonderful sense of heart felt energy and fun that you give to everyone that you meet. Speaking of meeting, I felt a little left out that you didn't mention meeting me on the MetroMoms site. Since staying healthy is one of your top priorities, and being educated along the way, I would love if you would have given a plug to the wondeful whole food program, Juice Plus+,considering that JP+ is the most researched nutricutical on the planet!
    I know that you are on your way to becoming a very successful person because of your eager dedication, motivation, and desire to reach people and make a dfference in their lives!
    I count you a wonderful friend and dedicated and valued business partner.

    All the best to you and Danny,

    Micki Bello
    Nutritional Educator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blogging, Heather. You have a lot to say, say it well and know that you can't cover everything about anything in one space. Again, great job. I admire your enthusiasm as I envy your energy. Keep up the good work.

    Ronelle Stankus
    My Business VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ronelle! I greatly appreciate your kind words!
    Micki - I appreciate your feedback as well! I could not mention everyone in my blog at once as I wanted to keep it short. I did mention Juice Plus in my blog two weeks ago, thank you for the suggestion! I do love sharing Juice Plus with others, although the purpose of my blog is to share tips and my experience with others as well as a little about myself.

    Thank you all again for your comments, I appreciate it more than you know! I'll be posting another this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog Heather! Thank you so much for the acknowledgement, and for the opportunity to work with you designing your business cards! You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete