Share

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Change is Good!

I often delay in writing blogs because I have so much to say and share! I want to write about change, networking, health, my personal experiences and more! So I thought I would just begin by typing and seeing what comes to mind first today...

Last night my husband and I attended an awesome meetup group hosted by the amazing Rosa Conti! Alissa Monteleone spoke about Living Mindfully and making small changes by focusing on one at a time. It's interesting because Loren Slocum, who I admire and respect so much, wrote an amazing book called Life Tuneups that is in line with the same topic. I highly recommend it (and you can get it by clicking on it in my Amazon.com favorites link on this blog!) :) I met Loren this past summer at her book launch in Westport, CT and she is very down to earth, truly lives what she teaches and I greatly respect that!

During Rosa's introduction she so kindly mentioned our new meetup group, Networking Dynamics that my husband, Danny and I recently created. To me that was so sweet of her, I got so excited! Just like when Chris Makell tells me I'm so amazing and says Danny and I inspire her! I'm mentioning this because it surprises me when people do and say these things because I don't expect it. Alissa talked about that during her presentation as well. Give to others and don't expect anything back and it will come back to you tenfold!

I promote others all of the time. I've been told I should get into PR! But I genuinely love helping others and promoting them and their business! When I say this out loud or write about the kind things others do for me and say about me, it helps me realize what goes around truly does come around! :)

I want to keep this short, but during the presentation, Alissa also mentioned making time for spirituality. That really hit home because I recently created time for my spirituality and it has brought me so much peace and happiness. Whatever it is that brings you spirituality, whether it is a higher power, taking a bath, sitting in the woods, I highly recommend making that time for yourself daily, if not weekly. I attend many personal development events and work on my business, health, relationships and finally made time for my spiritual life! I just wanted to share that because I truly believe everything happens for a reason and a person came into my life recently and brought me back in touch with my spirituality and oh does it feel good!

I always end anything I write with Hugs or Magnificence or Outstanding, so please make your night or day full of all of the above! :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Living a life of spirit is something one must do every day of your life. It is about being, not doing. If you do that, then you live an authentic life every moment of the day. Simply speaking, your insides match your outsides by living a life of who you truly are from a place of soul. Then you don't have to find time to devote to spirituality. Feelings of "being" and "stillness" envelop you at all times. You feel peace to the core of your being. We are all beings of spirit. It is the body that houses the spirit. Most human beings live on the surface. But peace and serenity come from within. When mind, body, and spirit are one with the universe, then the feelings of connectedness and synchronicity with the universe truly emerge.
    Have a great day.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! :) That is so beautiful! I appreciate your feedback!

    ReplyDelete